Well it has been a couple weeks so I figured I ought to update everyone. School has been awesome. There is so much information about regulations and requirements that the aviation industry becomes very complex. Planes on the other hand are very simple. A car has more technology built into a power seat with memory control than a plane may ever see. They are built very simple. There is much room for improvement but plane manufacturers don't want to take the risk and carry an ounce more of liability than they have to since America is so sue happy. "If it works, why fix it," is the most common phrase I hear when I suggest that there may be a better way to do things.
On Thursday, our class weighed a single engine Cessna 172 which is a four seater. It was interesting to see that my tool box weighs at least twice as much as that plane. Last week, we were moving a 152 two seater and needed to move the plane over a couple of feet so I just picked up the back end of the plane and moved it over. How's that make you feel about flying in a small plane? As incredibly light as it may be, the plane is very durable. Again, the regulation is brutal. The FAA is so stringent that I couldn't change oil without a certification. Every incorrect diagnosis or repair no matter how simple or complex, has major consequences. So there is little to no room for error. The scary thing is, I am not perfect. No matter how hard I try, I will make mistakes. Thank God for His grace. I will need it if I will be spending a great amount of my time repairing the planes that carry the precious servants of God to tell people of His greatness.
More to come as it comes.
2 comments:
When we come visit, can we fly in a small airplane?
hey corey, i know that i have really slacked at keeping in touch any way possible but i just wanted to stop in to say hi and let you know that you, megan, and caitlyn are in our thoughts and prayers. it sounds like you guys are doing great and that's good to hear. i will definitely make it a point to stay in touch a lot better than i have!
Post a Comment