When it rains, it POURS! And during the rainy season (which it is) is rains often...daily. So, when you gotta go somewhere, you go regardless. In the previous post I had mentioned that cars are available, but not commonly used (too expensive for Indonesians), so motorcycles are how you get around...rain or shine. Last night, I went over to another family's home for a woman's bible study. Just as we were finishing up we heard the rain starting. By the time my friend and I got geared up to hop on the motorcycle it was a downpour. So...there we were, two white girls riding after dark on a motorcycle in the rain. We were laughing the whole way home. Here's a pic of me all ready for the wet ride. I really should have taken a picture of AFTER the ride...the poncho didn't help much.
Rain or shine
When it rains, it POURS! And during the rainy season (which it is) is rains often...daily. So, when you gotta go somewhere, you go regardless. In the previous post I had mentioned that cars are available, but not commonly used (too expensive for Indonesians), so motorcycles are how you get around...rain or shine. Last night, I went over to another family's home for a woman's bible study. Just as we were finishing up we heard the rain starting. By the time my friend and I got geared up to hop on the motorcycle it was a downpour. So...there we were, two white girls riding after dark on a motorcycle in the rain. We were laughing the whole way home. Here's a pic of me all ready for the wet ride. I really should have taken a picture of AFTER the ride...the poncho didn't help much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment