Today was a good day.
Today was a good day.
This past weekend, Easter Sunday, Catelyn decided to take communion with us. A few months ago, she recognized, acknowledged, and joyfully confessed that she wants to live her life loving and pleasing God, so her taking communion was an exciting step for us to see her take in her walk with God. During the service I had quickly explained to her (again, as I have in the past) what communion was and why we take it, then I asked her if she wanted to. She quickly said yes. I was a bit hesitant, as I suspected that she may just want to do it for "fun" or because she was wanting a snack, but she insisted that it wasn't the case. So...our little girl took communion with us. :) God didn't have to do this, but He chose to reassure my thoughts, because later, after her nap, she came straight to me and said, "Mommy, I just woke up and was thinking about when we ate the cracker and drinked the juice because Jesus had bleeds and his body was really, really, REALLY hurt for everyone's sins." YES...she understood! So, later Easter night, as we were spending time teaching her God's Word and reflecting on the day, I asked her, "Jesus told the people who loved Him and believed in Him to take communion to remember Him. Do you want to know what else He told the people who love Him and believe in Him to do?" With eager eyes..."YES!" So, we proceeded to talk to her about baptism (we've talked about this before - whenever she hears of someone getting baptized or sees one). We explained what it is and why we do it. Then we told her that Mommy and Daddy would NEVER make her do it, but that it was a decision that she had to make between her and God - we wanted her to make that choice on her own. So, I simply asked her, "If Jesus told those who love Him and believe in Him to get baptized, what does that mean for you, sweetie?" Her response (with a smile) was incredible..."Well I love and believe in God, so I guess that means I have to get baptized!" Our hearts rejoiced in her excitement. Then she added, "I'm a little scared though, can we practice?" So, we pretended to get baptized. :) We decided to wait a week to make sure this decision wasn't hasty, or influenced by us, so we told her, if she still wants to get baptized we would do it the next weekend. So...




Today was a good day.
Today was a good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is so awesome! Thank you for sharing :)
I had dinner last night with your mom, Megan, and she told me about Catelyn's baptism. Beautiful!! I is a beautiful thing when the wonder of Jesus that has captured our own heart begins to be realized in our children's hearts. God bless you!! Love you, Karen
Made my day! (Ricky)
Post a Comment