Cultural Adaptations

At the gas station, things are more "old school." And they are all about customer service here:




1. There is an attendant who pumps the gas for you (no extra charge). There is a special line for motorcycles (sepeda motor). No need to get off your bike, just sit there and relax for the 1 minute that it takes to fill your tank.

2. If you notice on the sign, there is a prayer room (for the daily prayer times), toilets, and I'm not so sure what the symbol of a man running to a sink means, but I'm sure it's got "customer service" written all over it!

3. Open 24 hours

4. The best thing of all: The price. For the best gasoline it is 6,750 rupiah/liter (the exchange rate is approximately $1 to 9,000 rupiah). Our motorcycle has a 10 liter tank...you do the math! :)

Happy motoring, everyone!

1 comment:

Paul said...

So if I did the math right it's about $2.83 USD for a gallon of gas. Not bad especially when you're driving a motorcycle. Is there a Warung gas card with fuel discounts like Kroger? :-)