
I find it deeply encourages my faith and my joy when I physically list out things that I'm thankful for. And as I do so, I realize a couple of things: (1) that these things didn't just "happen" to me, nor did I cause them, but they were given to me. And (2), there most certainly was a Giver behind each one! So, it is not enough to be thankful, it is only right to thank the One who gave the gifts! So, today our family is giving thanks to the Giver behind all gifts - our gracious and generous God.
Here are some of the things I'm thankful this year:
- Jesus (for apart from Him nothing else would taste as sweet)
- My husband (the one my heart loves)
- Catelyn Joy (the one who makes my heart smile)
- Ella Faith (the one who warms my heart with her hugs)
- My family back home (whom I love and miss terribly)
- God's grace in the midst of continual illnesses
- Finishing of language school (we can now speak two language - albeit, now, neither fluently! LOL!)
- Our temporary stay in Papua (where Corey gained more experience/training and we made new friends and enjoyed more time with old ones!)
- Our new home in Aceh (God's positioning of His people is impeccable)
- Our team in Aceh (a group of people who one can depend on and enjoy living life with)
- Our work in Aceh (difficult at times, but so worth it in the end!)
- Our supporters back home (a group of people who amaze us by their commitment and faithfulness toward us!)
- God's Word (by which my hungry and thirsty soul is satisfied as I encounter the Word)
- All the tiny, intimate ways that God reveals Himself to us each day - as if to say, "I AM here."
May you find joy bubbling up inside and overflowing into praise as you reflect on all that the Lord has given you. I'd love to hear your of your list!!!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
No comments:
Post a Comment