Let's Make Music Together

I love my daughter's creativity. She loves to create things. I see her Father in her creativity. She continually draws pictures, writes poems, builds churches with her LEGOs, makes pretty bouquets of flowers for her mommy. I love her heart. I love the beautiful person that God is forming this young girl into.

One of her most recent creations was a song that she wrote for God - a worship song. My sweet girl's bent is towards the shy side, so when she asked (albeit timidly) if we could sing her song during our worship service on Sunday, we were a little taken aback. That is very courageous for our little songwriter! So, we chose to encourage her new-budding gift of creating and told her if we are going to do this, that she would have to teach the song to all of us on Sunday. Well, she did. Our whole group sang her song a capella. We were so humbled and thankful for everyone's eagerness to come alongside our daughter and worship God through her song. I'm sure it meant more to her than we even realize.

After service that night, our teammate, Amber, asked Catelyn if she would like to work with her on putting the song to music. Catelyn was thrilled! So, one night this week, Amber came over for dinner, and together they put chords to Catelyn's song. I love our team.

Amber getting ready to encourage my daughter's heart for worship.
The songwriter and musician at work.
Ella graciously offering her talents on this project too!

"Sing to Him a new song; play skillfully with a shout of joy!" Psalm 33:3

1 comment:

Erin said...

Your blog always makes me cry. That's amazing. I know that God's heart was blessed so much by her song!