Happy 6th Birthday, Catelyn!

[Because we will be out of town on their actual birthdays, I am posting these birthday posts a few days early!]


My little girl is six years old now. Wow. I am so proud to be her mommy. She truly is a joy (her middle name). Her heart for people is simple, yet deep. Her compassion and care is exemplary. Her creativity is inspiring. Her love for God is evident. What a gift we have in her! I enjoy watching her grow up. I'm thankful she is in my life, and that I've been entrusted to be her Mommy.

My friend does a little interview of their kids on their birthdays. I thought the idea was cute, so I interviewed Catelyn.

What is your favorite color? Yellow, pink, purple and green! I don't like just one.

What is your favorite animal? A cute little puppy.

What is your favorite food? A fresh salad with ranch dressing. (Yes, she loves salad!)

What is your favorite season? Spring, because of the pretty flowers.

What is your favorite weather? Snow.

What is your favorite word? God, Jesus, and Holy Spirit. They are one...so that is one word, right?

What is your favorite song? Your Great Name.

What is your favorite movie? The Chronicles of Narnia - all of them.

What is your favorite place? Here with my family.

What grade are you in? 1st grade.

What is your favorite subject in school? Art while Mommy reads a good book to me.

What is your favorite part of your day? Ella's nap time. That's when the house is quiet and I get to play alone for a little while.

Who is your best-friend? Ella.

What do you want to be when you grow up? What you are, Mommy...a good wife and mommy. (sigh...I love her.)

What have you learned while you were five years old? I learned about the world that God made. It's big.

What do you want to do now that you're six years old? I want to go to Ohio and play with my Nanas.

What do you do for fun? I like to act.

Finish this sentence: I want people to know this one thing...Jesus!

Cake or Cupcakes? Cupcakes! They're cute!

What is your favorite ice-cream flavor? Vanilla with sprinkles and gummy bears.

Happy birthday, Catelyn. We love you!

No comments: