Five


In honor of Cinco de Mayo, here are 5 recent happenings with us...


1. Corey has been working LOOOONG hours at the hangar for the past few weeks as they disassembled one plane to ship back to the States, and are currently replacing the engine in another plane. LOTS of work!


2. I have begun teaching English to elementary-age kids (16 kids so far). Catelyn is helping me with the class too! So fun to serve with my daughter. I am also helping local English teachers and/or college-students (12 adults so far) practice their English skills in a discussion-style setting. We have been discussing cultural differences between Aceh and America. Very interesting and I am loving this opportunity!


3. Corey and I just celebrated our 9-Year Anniversary! I love this man!


4. Catelyn has only two weeks left of 1st grade. We have had such a good time homeschooling this year, but we are also looking forward to the summer break! WOOHOO!


5. Our cat, Phil, has been missing for almost two months now. So, we recently acquired a new cute little kitten, who we first named Sunset, but later changed it to Lily. Ella keeps very busy terrorizing that poor kitty. But, Lily sticks around and takes it, so I guess it can't be too terribly bad, right? Ella is heard throughout the day coaxing her: "Here, kitty kitty kitty kitty!"


And in case you were wondering how we are going to celebrate this holiday (can we even call it that? perhaps we'll call it An-Excuse-to-Make-Yummy-Mexican-Food!) I think I'll make some enchiladas! YUM! And since it's hot here...perhaps a trip to the local water park and speak Indonesian with a Spanish accent...or better yet, confuse everyone and speak Spanish to them and act confused as to why they aren't understanding me! Should be a good day!


Happy "An-Excuse-to-Make-Yummy-Mexican-Food" Day!

No comments: