It's Summer!


Warm weather. No school. Later nights. Lazy mornings. Flip-flops. A more relaxed mama.

Yep...it's SUMMER! 

Not that the temperature makes any difference to me out here in the land of perpetual Summer, but I can still resonate and relate to collective "AHHHHHHHH...." that comes with the end of the school year. {insert: "School's out for Summer!"}

Campfires. S'mores. Water balloons. Watermelon slices. Barbecue. Pool parties. 

And my personal favorite: A lot more laughter! 

There is just something so fantastic about the sound of someone laughing...hard! I mean the flat out, uncontrollable, contagious kind of laugh. I can't help but want to join in. It is such a gift, isn't it? Oh, and if it's my own husband or children laughing...{sigh} be still my heart...it fills me with such joy! And, oh-so-good for the soul.

"...a joyful heart is good medicine." Proverbs 17:22.

Let us joyfully seek the Lord with our longer mornings and enjoy and expect His laughter and grace throughout our days, because we know that He takes great delight in His children, "The LORD your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy." Zephaniah 3:17. He's a good Father. Just as we want our kids to enjoy happy times and enjoy themselves with glad hearts, so He wants the same for us - His children.

So, I encourage us all to enjoy this "good medicine" this Summer. Whether you are still working or you have some time off - laugh...a lot...out loud! Be silly. Be spontaneous. Surprise your husband and kids with something fun. Relax. Allow the warmer weather to warm your heart. Use these months as "a time to laugh." Ecclesiastes 3:4. Grab your family and friends and enjoy the life the Lord has given you. And encourage laughter...it refreshes the soul. "Bright eyes gladden the heart..." Proverbs 15:30.

Happy Summer!!!

2 comments:

The Barbers said...

Congratulations on finishing the year well :) We have also just recently finished our homeschool for the "summer", winter here in Madagascar, and it is such a good feeling!
Blessings

Grace For That

Megan said...

Thanks, The Barbers! I love teaching my kids...but I love the breaks too! :)
-Megan