Blogging again....at last!

Hello blog readers. So sorry that we haven't posted in a while. Truth is, life has been a pretty constant routine. For me, I get up in the morning at 4:53, take a shower, spend time with the Lord for a little while, pack a lunch and out the door at 6:25. School starts at 7am, I spend all day there and get home at 4pm. Spend some time with Megan and Catelyn, then hit the books. I do sense that some of the studying will subside a little. I am still getting used to it and noticing that at this time, school is mostly theory and soon there will be more practice. Hopefully that will cut down on the study time. So in light of blogging, it has been difficult to come up with anything exciting or at all interesting until now. Since moving to the Midwest, I have been faced with so many new things. Brots, the word "pop", empty stores on college game day, seasons, mullets, Amish and Quaker Steak and Lube are to name a few. Today I was reminded of one of my favorites. As many of you know, there aren't many hills out here, let alone mountains. Since the land is so flat, the view of the sky seems infinite. Normally, as you would look out in the distance in a place where there are hills and mountains, though it may be a beautiful view, the sky doesn't awe us the way it does in a place like this. Today, I was truly taken back. As climactic as it may sound, today's view was seen while I was taking the trash out to the dumpster. Looking up, I thought what I was seeing, wasn't real. No there weren't any crazy colors or anything, just a blue sky with a few clouds. It was absolutely amazing. I realized that everyday, we are blessed to see so much amazing beauty yet it has all become so normal. Just something that happens everyday. The earth spins, the clouds come and go, that same ol' ball of fire keeping us warm, kids playing and laughing, billions of stars. The Bible says, "For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made." How does that stuff just become normal to us, namely me? There is so much to learn about God just looking at the creation. More than anything, there is a lot of reason to appreciate God for His creation. His creation affirms the amazing and glorious things the Bible declares about Him. Such a shame that I can be so focused on what's in my little box of life that I cannot even look up in the sky sometimes. Though I cannot see what is right in front of me sometimes, God is good.

No comments: