Re-Entering High School 101

I was unaware that going to SMAT meant entering high school all over again. Corey (who has also managed to drag me into it as well) is now re-learning algebra, geometry, and trigonometry, but that isn't what I'm talking about. Although I am a bit surprised at how little math we remember! We figured it has been about 15 years since we learned this stuff! But what I am talking about is the pranks that we used to all take part in (either by being the pranksters or the helpless unaware victim!) Well, it appears that the students of SMAT like to get into "wars" with one another. It occurs like two rival gangs colliding just by a few simple exchanges of almost unnoticable gestures. One minute you see one of the students minding their own business walking down the hallway in our apartment complex and then all of a sudden, you'll see (AND CLEARLY HEAR) a few guys jump out of their doors and hurl water balloons at this poor defenseless classmate. Another incident was a couple guys waiting at the window on the 2nd story staircase for another student to walk through the door below...poor guy didn't even see the 5-gallon trash can full of water coming his way! They also have gotten into random paintball fights in the parking lot of the apartments...I begin to wonder what the other tenants must think of our group of missionary misfits! Lastly, this happened a couple nights ago...one of the students who just graduated a couple weeks ago was known for his famous favorite hat that apparently he wore almost everyday. Well, I few of the guys decided to break into his house and "borrow" it. Turns out that they overnighted the hat to another recent graduate in their class who happened to live in Norway...yes, you read that correctly, the hat was shipped to Norway! The guys got their fair share of daily beatings from their newly naked-headed friend. Anyway, it appears that it is not safe for me to walk out of my apartment alone...I think I may invest in a can of mase or perhaps keep a water balloon or two in my pockets for protection...or retaliation if the need arises! So, I guess it's "Welcome back to high school Kirkwood family!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure getting hit by water baloons is somewhat welcomed considering how hot it's been. However, I'm sure they won't be appreciated in the middle of a Michigan winter.
Kevin

Stephanie said...

I love the blog! It is so great to hear what is going on with you guys! Aaron and I will be praying!! LOve you guys!