I'm thankful for my mom. She is such a blessing to me and everyone that comes near her! I wish I could be there celebrating this Mother's day with her. If I were, we would perhaps go out and get a pedicure in the morning, followed by a nice leisurely lunch together with the family...ahhh...that would be so wonderful, wouldn't it, Mom? But, since I am unable to (10,000 miles is a little bit of a drive), I can write about some of the things that amaze me about my mom.
1. My mom is always smiling. :)
2. My mom is an amazingly generous person, both in heart and action.
3. My mom is faithful to pray when she says she will.
4. My mom's love and care for me and our family is so clearly evident.
5. My mom's ears and arms and heart (and often times her home) are always open to receive someone in need.
6. My mom is not only a wonderful and caring mom, but a dear friend and fellow sister in Christ.
I love you, Mom! Happy Mother's Day!
As for me, I don't know exactly what my kids have in store for me for Mother's Day, but they are such thoughtful sweethearts that I wouldn't be surprised if they have a little something planned. BUT, what they don't know is that I am looking forward to surprising them with a special breakfast and cards letting them know just how much I love being their Mommy; that the best gift I could receive for Mother's Day is them! I'm looking forward to loving and serving them on this special day because I simply enjoy serving them - they aren't my work, they are my blessings! So, when they wake up tomorrow morning, I will say to them "Happy Happy-To-Be-Your-Mommy Day!"
No comments:
Post a Comment