Shingle Bells

"Shingle bells, shingle bells, shingle all the way! Oh what fun it is to be in pain that won't go away. Hey!" 

This is our theme song this week. Poor Corey has been diagnosed with shingles. Not fun. He's in a lot of pain, but has a good sense of humor about it. Although he can't do much, he is still able to participate in our family fun. He is making an excellent Twister spinner (you know, the person who spins the dial that decides what foot or hand goes where) while me and the girls play!

The good news is that he has several days off of work. The bad news is he is in pain and is quarantined since very few people here have had chicken pox or the immunization for it. So, unfortunately it is going to be a very boring week or so for him until he is no longer contagious. But even after he is clear of being contagious he is expected to be in pain for 4-6 weeks. I guess that means a lot of Twister spinning for him!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Oh..so sorry Corry has Shingles. I hope and pray he will heal quickly. In the meantime, enjoy some quality time together! Sounds like your family is really good at making lemonade! :)

Anonymous said...

It's been a while since I played Twister, but I think Ella may be cheating... :) Glad to see you're making the best of it!