How I Spend My Saturdays

I teach two English classes at a local community after-school facility. One class is for elementary-age children and the other is more of a discussion-style format for college-age English majors and English teachers. Because of the large size of the groups, I asked a friend to join me in teaching. We have such a blast with the kids class. We teach themed lessons, sing songs, and play theme-related games. Now, Catelyn comes with me as my helper - she does a great job! We are usually joyfully exhausted by the end. The adult group discussions are my favorite. They are very interesting and create great opportunities to learn, share, and contrast cultural differences between the U.S. and Aceh. There is a lot of laughter in this group!

Here is a couple pics of the English Club for kids:

Teaching a lesson on colors

Snack time - Cookies are ALWAYS a hit!

No comments: