I am frequently asked by many of you back home, what I am reading and how I keep "spiritually fed." Since it is such a common question, I figured I'd answer it in a post. That way, I could ask you all the same question! I love to read and would love to hear your answers so as to get some good book suggestions too! So, here goes:
How do I get spiritually fed? By being discipled - by books and online sermons. First and foremost, the Bible. I am currently in 1 Chronicles. I am taking my time going through the Old Testament right now. Not in a rush, I'm not trying to get through the entire Bible in a year, I am simply trying to put myself in the stories by going through two chapters a day. Slowly, but intentionally. I'm loving it. Yes, I even loved going slowly through Leviticus, Numbers, and the account of the dividing up of the Promised Land. It is so different to look at it as if you were one of the people finally seeing the fulfillment of the promise before your very eyes..."that's the land (from there to there!) that God has given to me and my people!" So cool. Our home-church watches sermons online as our source of teaching for our worship service.
What am I currently reading? That's a good question. I am reading lots of books right now - all for different reasons and/or times.
Just finished (within the past few weeks)
Give Them Grace: Dazzling Your Children With the Love of Jesus by Elyse Fitzpatrick
Loving the Little Years: Motherhood in the Trenches by Rachel Jankovic
Lord I Want to Know You by Kay Arthur (did this study with a group of women)
I am currently reading:
This Momentary Marriage by John Piper - Oh my, SO good!
The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer. (Reading it together with Corey. We love this book and like to read it once every year or two)
Jesus Calling for Kids by Sarah Young (Reading this with the kids)
NIrV Read with Me Bible (Reading through this with the kids)
Next up:
Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp (Corey and I will read this together)
The Power of Words and the Wonder of God by John Piper, Paul Tripp, Mark Driscoll, Sinclair Ferguson
Wow, looking at this list, I don't know how I do it. Amazing what a few minutes here and a few minutes there add up to! Wow, I am truly shocked...praise God!
What about you? What are you currently reading? Do you have any recommendations for my "Next Up" list? I love to read.

3 comments:
Somehow, even with two kids, you have more time to read than I do! :) I'm reading The Meaning of Marriage by Tim Keller, and it's one of the best marriage books I've ever read. Really, really good.
I just read a few minutes before I get into the shower, and then again during nap time, and then some more for the kids bedtime routine, and then at night before bed. But I guess it all adds up! Wow.
I'm gonna have to check out that book. Thanks, Christine. :)
-Megan
I am studying Proverbs for myself and Genesis with the kids. I have 7 year old twins and a 3 year old. All of them like the book What Happens When I Talk To God? by Stormie Omartian. The Jingle In My Pocket: Sound Money Principals Kids Can Bank On by Gary Bower is also good. I read it to my kids. I plan to read it again but slower this time. We will study a few pages at a time. I am reading the Fresh Brewed Life by Nicole Johnson and Dug Down Deep by Joshua Harris. Oh, I really like Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas. My all time favorite books are And The Shofar Blew and Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. I could go on and on about books.
Post a Comment