Encouragement Through Bananas


Today, my bananas are reminding my children {ahem...and me!} of a promise of God to His children: that He is actively perfecting us, and will continue to do so until we see Him face-to-face on that glorious Day.

"For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

God loves to give us glimpses of the certainty of this promise each day. Today it was through my nasty-looking bananas. 


At first glance, one might think these need to be thrown out, but to one who knows, these bananas are ready to be used for something better, something sweeter.

Our God is great at taking that which appears hopeless, messed up, tainted, seemingly unusable, or "too far gone" and turning it into something beautiful and glorious. He can, He has, and He still does! {I am personally thankful for this!}

"All the trees of the field will know that I am the LORD; I bring down the high tree, exalt the low tree, dry up the green tree, and make the dry tree flourish. I am the LORD; I have spoken, and I will perform it." Ezekiel 17:24

"'Come now, let us reason together,' says the LORD, 'though your sins are as scarlet, they will be white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they will be like wool.'" Isaiah 1:18

"Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. Now all these things are from God..." 2 Corinthians 5:17-18

"And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:18

So, as I look at my black-spotted bananas sitting on my counter, I smile. Because despite what the bananas might look like right now, if I remain patient and allow the good work to get done, the end result will be a new and glorious creation! One that brings great joy and delight to us all, and glory and praise to the one who did the work.

The girls enjoying some delicious banana bread.


And so, today I am thankful for my bananas because they reminded me to stop and give thanks; to praise and give glory to the One who has already begun {and has promised to continue to do!} "a good work" in my life - thank You, Jesus! You are so good to me!

"Worthy are You, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and because of Your will they existed, and were created." Revelation 4:11

Amen.

No comments: