Stop and Be Silly

For this mama, sometimes life can get too serious and too...well...too adult-like. 

Life as a parent, with all those responsibilities {ahem...worries}, can make us...um...what do you call it???...oh yes...not fun.

It's easier {and a lot more boring!} to head to the park with my kids and then tell them to "go have fun" while I sit and relax. Which most of the time sounds heavenly. But perhaps I am missing out on what is better: enjoying my kids while they're with me. They won't be forever.
(I LOVE the sound of beautiful joyous laughter!)

{Because sometimes you just gotta act like a super spy}

So for me, sometimes, the best thing to do, is to just stop and be silly with my kids. Remember to have fun. Choose to have fun. Even if goes against my "better judgement."
{There is something disarming about not knowing when you'll hit the water!}

Sometimes I need to just get silly, get messy, and get wet!
{Mascara running down my face...small price to pay for fun!}

If it's raining...let's grab an umbrella and dance in the rain with our kids. And stomp around in a few puddles while we're at it.

If it's snowing {HA! I wish!}...throw on our snow gear and have a snowball fight with the kids. Then warm up with some hot cocoa with whipped cream and sprinkles!

If it's sunny...let's have a water balloon fight or go crazy on the slip n' slide with the kiddos. Then follow it up with a popsicle!
 {My forever-a-child-at-heart husband...our girls and I love him so much!}
{It's a bird! It's a plane! No...it's Super Ella!}

Let's be silly. Be fun. Make our kids smile. Make ourselves smile!

As much as we love to see our kids having fun, full of sweet laughter, and enjoying themselves, our God, too, takes great delight in watching His children enjoying themselves and having fun. So let's do that!
 {The reckless abandon of a child. My heart smiles.}

"Instruct those who are rich in this present world not to be conceited or to fix their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy." 1 Timothy 6:17

So...enjoy!

1 comment:

123elisa said...

Hi! I was watching a Francis Chan sermon from May 2009 where your family was about to go to indonesia. That's how I found your blog and just wanted to tell you that you are an inspiration to me and I am praying for you and your family. I hope to one day be used by God on the mission field as well (although I am not an aviation engineer; I am a transport engineer haha). God bless