My beautiful Catelyn,
I can hardly believe that it has been nine years of such a
blessing as you. My eyes are filling with tears as I think back on the precious
times we have shared. You are a gift. So much more than you know. So much more.
My life and my joy have been greatly enriched because our God
chose to bless me with you.
Even from a very young age, your mind was brilliant. You think on a level much deeper than your age. What a beautiful gift that you’ve been given. One that challenges me for the better.
You are so creative and so thoughtful. Not a day goes by that
you haven’t created something to give as a gift to another. And such talent
that you possess! I can’t wait to see how this gift develops as you grow. Great
and beautiful things are in store for this world through you.
Courage. Your courage to befriend anyone - even when it means
that you have to fumble through the foreign language, is truly inspiring.
People love you, Catelyn, because you love people. Your exuberance brings
smiles and joy to those around you.
Your zest for life and fun is contagious. You see everything as
an opportunity for fun. Not everyone can, or does. Stormy days are full of
sunshine in your eyes, and you invite others to join in. Please do not let me
or anyone else discourage you away from this. We need more of this in our
world.
You have my heart, Catelyn. I am so proud to be your Mommy. My
prayer for you this birthday is that you would know just how much the Lord
loves you and that it would compel your heart to follow hard after Him.
I love you so much, Sweetie. Happy 9th birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment