Child-Like Faith

Ella Faith.

Child-like faith.

That is what we named you. When you were still growing in my tummy, our prayer was that you'd one day possess a faith in our Lord like that of a young child. And then keep it all the days of your life.

The kind of faith that the Lord deems precious, "For truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all." {Mark 10:15}
Oh, Ella, I see this faith in you, and it makes my heart glad. More glad than you possibly know now. The way you see life, God, and the world around you is uplifting. It causes my eyes to look upward to my Creator and praise Him all the more. 

I enjoy watching you grow. You are not perfect. You have your hard times; your "growing" times. But the girl you are becoming is beautiful both inside and out. Your smile lights up a room. Your giggles lighten the mood. And your hugs warm the coldest of hearts. You freely give with a wide-open heart. It's breath-taking. You are fearfully and wonderfully made, Precious One. And I'm thankful for you.




Happy 7th birthday, Sweetie. You are loved beyond measure.

No comments: