Daffodils. Tulips. Bluebells. {Sigh.} I love Spring.
I am so happy that I am here in the States at the turn of the season. To see with my own eyes the wonder that is Spring. Dull browns turning to vibrant greens. Flowers springing up and dazzling us with all their glory. Fresh life and beauty emerging.
I marvel at the majesty of God through His creation. I stand amazed and speechless at the work of His hand - how He can transform dullness into such a rich intensity of color!
I delight in gardening and planting seeds and watching them burst forth with life. It's inspiring. It stirs hope and excitement within my soul.
But gardening takes work. It takes sowing. Intentional sowing. Life-giving sowing.
As I consider my parenting, I am reminded that we all sow into our children's hearts and lives. With every word and action {or lack thereof!} we are sowing something - whether for good or bad. "For one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life." {Galatians 6:8}
As I raise these precious souls that have been entrusted to me, am I purposefully and prayerfully sowing that which I hope to reap? Or am I carelessly sowing that which I will later regret? "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap." {Galatians 6:7}.
Oh, how I want to sow beauty into my children's hearts! A passion for God. A love for His Word. To show kindness and grace. To have a servant-heart. To display honesty and integrity. To value modesty.
This type of sowing takes time, consistency, and patience. But most importantly, prayer, for apart from the Holy Spirit, none of this is even possible. Only by His grace alone does any effort on my part bear any fruit. Oh, but how faithful is He!
So I sow. Bountifully. Faithfully. Intentionally. And with great expectation. For one day the reaping will be worth all the effort. Beauty beyond my wildest imagination.
On a walk with my littlest.
Instilling a desire to learn about their God on their own.
The older tenderly caring for the younger.
Love seeing fruit in their lives!
Teaching and encouraging our kids to love all the blessings God sends! Even the cold!
Promoting laughter and joy.
Giving lots of hugs and snuggles.
Pouring God's truth into their minds and hearts...daily.
"He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully." {2 Corinthians 9:6}
O Father, You are the best gardener. You always produce a beautiful harvest in all that you do. Please help me to sow well for Your glory.It's all for You, my King. Amen.
**In what ways are you sowing into your children? I would love to hear from you!
No comments:
Post a Comment